16 March 2011

Getting Facts Right

One of the news sites in my blogroll is EurActiv.com, which I have come to trust as a reliable source of information about goings on in Brussels and Europe.  Yesterday, I relied on a news story from EurActiv related to the IPCC.  It turns out that just about everything in that news story was incorrect, and that news story remains posted with incorrect information.

While it is true that bloggers are often at the mercy of conventional news outlets, we can also help to quickly identify errors and help to set them straight.  So I have updated the original post (leaving it live in case there are forwarding links to it).  This second post is to encourage EurActiv to correct its egregiously false news story, which I am sure will be read by far more people than visit this blog.